Naslov članka: Call for Applications: Culture Lab/ISIS Arts Residency Programme (p)
Thursday 09 February 2012 - 20:19:20
Call for Applications: Culture Lab/ISIS Arts Residency Programme
ISIS Arts & Culture Lab
Phone: +44 (0)191 261 4407
5 Charlotte Square
NE1 4XF Newcastle upon Tyne
Call for Applications Deadline:
(Nortd, Lasersaur (Previous ISIS Arts & Culture Lab resident artists 2011))
Culture Lab & ISIS Arts Residency Programme
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 17/02/2012
Culture Lab and ISIS Arts are excited to be launching their second joint, open call for a Resident in 2012. Proposals are invited from practitioners and researchers from across the spectrum of creative art, design and technology to undertake research in Culture Lab for a minimum of 3 weeks between 1 April – 14 December 2012.
An interest in one of the following topics is desirable but applications are also invited from candidates with other interests:
- Data Visualisation / Interactive Visualisation
- New Ways of Interaction and Communication
- Audiovisual and Sound Interfaces/ Biofeedback Applications
- Digital Fabrication
- Social, Cultural and Ethical Practice of Emerging Technologies
You would have use of Culture Lab's research facilities and equipment, a fee of £2500 (to include travel, accommodation and materials). Based at Newcastle University, Culture Lab, is:
- A centre for creative inquiry in the broadest sense of the term
- A world class research facility for experimentation in interactive media
- A university resource to incubate and facilitate interdisciplinary activity
- A leader in the region's cultural ecology, providing knowledge for a digital society.
What we require from you:
- To engage with research staff and students from a variety of disciplines.
- To deliver an introductory lecture on working practice and work to be undertaken at Culture Lab.
- To maintain a project blog on Culture Lab's web presence.
- To contribute to the Experimental Media Research Group activities.
- To deliver one Lunch Bites session to the Culture Lab community on a specific topic related to the research/practice.
- To deliver one lecture on a specific topic related to the research/practice to a broader arts-community audience, at ISIS Arts.
- Deliver a public exhibition/performance at Culture Lab, at the end of your residency.
- The emphasis for this residency is on research not on finished art work.
What we will provide:
- Access to Culture Lab's highly sought after research facilities which range from an 8-camera motion capture system to a professional standard recording studio and Digital Fabrication Lab.
- Access to ISIS Arts studio spaces for visiting artists.
- Integration into Culture Lab's community of research staff and students, and ISIS Art's regional community of artists and practitioners.
- A budget of up to £2500 to offset costs of production, living expenses, travel and accommodation.
- The ability to research, interpret and present ideas.
- Experience of using digital media in the creation of art works.
- Experience of working on fixed term residencies with deadlines.
- A professional practice, students not eligible.
How To Apply
Please submit, via email, to Sarah Greenhalgh (Sarah.Greenhalgh@newcastle.ac.uk) the following:
- A project proposal (up to 2-sides of A4), detailing residency activities and proposed work plan for minimum 3-week period (which can be consecutive or non-consecutive weeks). Include in this document how the residency will further the artistic/research direction you have proposed, as well as a description of a proposed format for public presentation at the end of the residency.
- A budget detailing your proposed use of up to £2500 residency grant.
- Work sample, submitted via a link to a website (Please do not submit attachments via email).
- The dates you would prefer to undertake the residency.
- A curriculum vitae, outlining recent work, exhibition, performance and research activities.
If you have any questions about this opportunity or the application process please contact either: Charlie Gregory, ISIS Arts Project Coordinator via email@example.com or +44 (0)191 261 4407 or Sarah Greenhalgh, Culture Lab Administrator via firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection will take place by the End of February 2012, all applicants will be notified of the decision in March 2012.
Autor članka je F.I.L.M
( http://www.film-mag.net/article.php?article.13567 )